Sunday, August 21, 2011

Late Night with Nothing to Do But Blog

Ok, so here I sit at 11:37 p.m., blogging.  Not particularly on my list of things to do after 10 p.m. typically.  But, apparently I am experiencing yet another one of the things that was certainly part of the curse.  An awful, horrendous, big-and-bold UTI.  Ick.  Seriously, ick.  I had no idea.  So, while my sweet, groggy husband drives 35 miles to the nearest Wal-Mart to buy some Azo, I, trying feebly to ward off my inner chills, sit here blogging.

I admit, I haven't been very good about taking pictures the last couple of weeks.  Horrible, actually.  For some reason, I just haven't.  Thus the reason for no blog posts, I guess.  So for the most part, I will just recount the latest Kyla news tonight.

Something for which she is quickly becoming infamous (and will be more so after this blog post hits the web) is her ability to quickly take off her underthings...namely, her diaper. 

It started right after we took away her pacifier.  Could it be her way of geting back?  Or perhaps without the pacifier to soothe her to sleep, she has extra time to kill before drifting to dreamland?  Whatever the reason, she has quickly discovered the joy of being (practically) naked.  I told her doctor about Kyla's habit of ditching her diaper.  Doctor replied, "Well, hopefully she'll grow out of that phase."  To which I replied, "Well, I'm hoping she'll grow out of diapers, eventually."...which brings me to my next topic.

The POTTY CHAIR!  We decided this week that it was time for Kyla to meet her potty chair...not just any ordinary potty chair, either.  It's a "Cheer for Me Potty!"  It actually sings for you when you tinkle in the potty.  It has a flusher handle and a pull-out toilet paper dispenser that can hold a real roll of toilet paper (if you happen to have one of those remarkable toddlers that wouldn't unroll the whole roll just for the fun of it every time he sat down on the potty chair). 

The reason we decided it was maybe time is that Kyla will tell us when she needs a diaper change...whether she's wet or poopy.  She is getting particular about having a dry diaper.  So, we thought we would just slowly work into it.  She's still very young, and I'm really in no hurry to quit diapering.  Diapers are easy.

Kyla just loves her potty chair.  It took her not quite 24 hours to learn the word "potty."  Speaking of new words, she now says "banana."  Super cute.)  The first night we let her sit on it, that's all she wanted to do from then until she went to bed.  She screamed when we finally made her get off.  I just read that a parent should never attempt potty training until the child has formed a good feeling toward her potty chair.  Guess we have that down.  Now for the actual potty part... :)

She's such a funny little copy-cat.  Whatever she sees us do, she will certainly attempt to do, given the chance.  Last Sunday, I was sitting at the kitchen table with my aunt, working on her computer.  I had gotten a Mountain Dew and had poured part of it into a glass with some ice.  I left the half-full can sitting on the table.  Suddenly I looked up to see Kyla had climbed onto a chair, grabbed the soda can, and was proceeding to pour it into Bryan's glass that was left on the table from lunch.  Of course, she's much more adventurous than I.  She held the can a good 18" above the glass.  I couldn't believe it.  Other than a few drops that splashed out from the force of being dropped that distance, all of the soda she dumped (before I grabbed the can from her) landed smack into the glass!

Whenever we pick her up or do any motion involving her that would take some effort from us, she grunts.  A full-blown, "uhhh-hhh."  As if it takes any effort on her part to be lifted into our laps!!  Now, where did she hear that?  Who, you say?  Certainly not!!

Kyla and I went to Sioux Falls today with my friend Crystal and her daughter Ella.  Before leaving town, we hit one of the new treat spots in town:  Cherry Berry.  It's on South Louise, just a couple blocks south of 49th Street.  It is similar to Freeziac, which we tried once in the Mall of America.  There's about 14-16 different types of frozen yogurt and lots of different toppings.  Fill a bowl, pay by the ounce, and find a seat in one of their ultra-cute seating options:  green couches, space-age chairs, etc.  I had....umm...watermelon sorbet, snickerdoole cookie dough, birthday cake, cheesecake, espresso, and I'm not sure what else all in one bowl.  Then there were the toppings.  Yum!  It was soo good...maybe partially because it was 4:00 and I hadn't eaten lunch.  But it really was good...topped Cold Stone by a mile.  So, if you haven't given it a try, you should.  And as a really usless aside (unless you're one of those geeky trivia buffs...like me), a cherry is not actually a berry.

Sweet, groggier Hubs is back with Azo.  Now, off to eat something close to the meal that the box insists I must eat before taking those 2 little, brown pills.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heather Bork is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com