Saturday, May 25, 2013

The Box

What kid doesn't like a gigantic box?  So when a giant box showed up at the house a couple months ago, I thought I would let Kyla play with a while before it got tossed out with the trash.  She was thrilled, of course.  Then she asked if she could sleep in it that night.  At first I was going to say no like any proper mother.  Then, I thought, "Well, what could it hurt?  It's Friday night."




This was the first night.  Sunglasses and all...sleeping in a box in the middle of the living room floor.

How was I to know I was starting something that would continue for...ummm...2 months?

I was talking to my mother-in-law.  She mentioned she is a little concerned about her granddaughter who sleeps in a box...and pushes around a shopping cart all day!



Yes, we moved the box up to the baby room which isn't being used by the baby because, ah-hem, the baby is spoiled rotten and still sleeps in her parents' room.


Sometimes she looks at books until she falls asleep.  I'm guessing it's a common thing for an aspiring genius to fall asleep with a pop-up book on her lap.  Note the Dora book and the Berenstein Bear book...a nice mix of the new and the old...the never-will-be-a-classic and the classic.


And so the box-sleeping continues.  Until some not-too-distant day when the box will...fall apart...or break...or get tripped over by Daddy...something to cause its ultimate demise.

And she's not the only one in the family who has interesting sleeping patterns...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Heather Bork is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com