Friday, March 23, 2012

The Old Is Gone; The New Has Come!

Our office spent this week moving into a new building.  This has been a long time in the coming, and it was much anticipated.  What a great feeling to finally be there!!  When I started working for the firm, I had a cubicle.  After I came back from maternity leave with Kyla, my cubicle was taken; so I was placed at a desk in the basement.  It wasn't bad, aside from the fact that it was in the basement.  Then, when a new lawyer was hired and took my spot, I got moved back upstairs to a counter that was never really intended to be a workplace.  Someone generously donated a 2-drawer filing cabinet for my use, but I had almost no room to work at all.  I have been there since this past August, eagerly awaiting a bigger area!

This is where I spent the last 7 months:





















The good thing was that I sat in front a reflective glass.  I could always see if anyone was standing behind me before I complained about the bosses.  ;)

This is the cubicle that was directly behind me:



That cubicle was one of four that sat back-to-back in a square.  So there were five of us in that small room, with the receptionist in a little aclove off to one side.

I was eagerly looking forward to moving week.  Unfortunately, I was informed right away Wednesday morning before the movers came that I was being benched for the duration.  Thus, my job was to stay behind at the old office to answer phones while everyone else moved.  Wednesday wasn't too bad, but by Thursday I was out of stuff to do.  So I bought Kyla a "Big Sister" shirt and read numerous articles about preparing for a second child.  :)  I read that from Kyla's perspective, it would be for me as if Bryan were to bring home a pretty little wife and tell me that this was his new wife, and he was going to spend a lot of time with her, and that even though she would cry and scream a lot, I needed to be nice to her.  I started to feel really sad for Kyla and made up my mind to make sure she feels extra special after the baby comes.  Bryan volunteered to take Kyla out for ice cream right after the baby is born.  (Big sacrifice, right? :) )

Finally, the phones got turned off at the old office today, and I got to head over to the new office to unpack.  Hooray!!  Loving all the space!  This is where I moved!



















What you see is half of the cubicle I share with one other lady.  Her half looks identical to mine.

I was trying to find a cute desktop organizer, and after discovering that Wal-Mart, K-Mart, and Shop-Ko all lacked in that department, this is what I came up with:


I'm actually excited to go to work next week!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Heather Bork is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com