Thursday, August 16, 2012

What Makes a 2-Year-Old Decide to ... Act Like a 2-Year-Old??

Yesterday was a chaotic day around our house.  I got a bushel of tomatoes from the colony that I was originally planning on putting off until next week.  After a very productive day on Tuesday, I decided I would just get them done before we left for vacation today.

I was planning on getting them done yesterday.  I thought I would only have one child.  I figured I would be home the whole day.

Figures and thoughts are sometimes wrong.



Kyla's daycare lady notified me early yesterday morning that she was sick, so the daycare would be closed.  Ok, no problem.  I never mind having Kyla with me.  She's lots of fun.  Although the definition of fun changes according to the day.

I had a doctor appointment scheduled for yesterday afternoon, but I was hoping to cancel it.  I didn't end up doing that.  Ok, well there goes the majority of my afternoon.  That's what happens when you live in the boondocks.  A trip to the doctor takes hours.  A trip anywhere takes hours.

Anywhoo....so I decided I would get as much of my tomato project done as I could despite the disruptions to my day.  I got nearly half of them into jars before I had to leave for my appointment, then I got the rest into jars after I got home.  Bryan ended up working late and didn't get home until after 9:30.  That's probably a good thing.

Kyla wasn't being ornery...she was just being two.  This was the result.





Seriously, where do they come up with these ideas?  She's not normally like this.  Most days, she doesn't make even a fifth of this mess all day.  Then suddenly when I'm trying to can an entire bushel of tomatoes in half a day, she decides it's time to take every book off the shelf, dump out every crayon, strew every item of dress-up, and just generally disorganize the entire house.

This is the same two-year-old who is banging her fork on the table and asks politely, "That loud?"  "Yes, that's loud."  "Do this?" as she bangs it more softly.

When asked, "Kyla, can you please pick up your toys?," she had to restrain herself from getting too excited.


Can you sense her enthusiasm?

Eventually, she did help clean up.  I stress, help.


But by the time Daddy got home, the house had a much different look to it.



Nothing like a clean house and a bushel of tomatoes ready to go in the canner come morning.  And two sleeping cherubs.

Speaking of sleeping, this was how I put Burrito Baby to sleep the other night.



She must be related to her daddy.  Just put her in the Lazy Boy, and she goes right to sleep.

Kathy kept Kyla while I made the fast trip to the doctor.  Kyla got to ride in the gator with her cousin Sammy and had a great time!  I'm so glad Kyla lives close enough to be friends with some cousins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heather Bork is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com