Tuesday, March 17, 2015

On Mornings Like This

It's mornings like this that grace shines through.

When you're up four times before 2 am.

When you argue with your spouse before he leaves for work.

When you're crying alone.

When your child is sitting at the table with fingers in ears in protest.

When strife seems rampant and patience is hard to come by and you want to walk out and slam the door on this day.



Will I accept it?  Will I let go of the hardness?  Will I change the course of this day?

Will I look for gifts today?

Yes.

For You, Oh Lord, are good, and ready to forgive; and
plenteous in mercy to all them that call on You.

So I'm keeping my eyes peeled.  God's goodness is true, and His mercy is plentiful.

It's hard to look beyond the runny noses and the crabby attitudes and the weariness and the dead flies and see the grace.

But it's worth it.  

And it's a promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heather Bork is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com