Thursday, July 19, 2012

Late-Night Ramblings

It's 11:16 p.m.  I'm tired.  I want to be in bed.  And dreaming.  Of ice cream.  Or just ice.  Or even cool water.  Anything besides these 103 degree days.

Speaking of cool water, I'm off to go get my jug.

Okay, I'm back.



So, why am I still awake?  A little gremlin also happens to be awake and playing tricks with me.  See, her trick is that she pretends to fall sound asleep.  Then as soon as I put her in bed, she informs me rather loudly that she is not in any way, shape, or form asleep.  But for the moment, she's calmly listening to the running water playing over my computer speakers as I type. 

Here she is.  My little burrito baby.  Kinda cute, huh?



And here's my other baby...who's not so much of a baby anymore.  She's trouble, this one.  When she turns those brown eyes on you and talks in that cute little girl voice and gives you that impish grin, well, there's just not much that you can do to stop from giving in to whatever she asks.


I went back to the doctor today.  They're thinking I may have a case of double mastitis.  What fun.

I started swishing and swiping this week...or was it last?  And shining my sink.  I'm just a FLYbaby.  But I am indeed learning to FLY!  More about this to come soon.

What a sweetheart Kyla is.  And oh so smart!  She just astounds me.  She now understands the concept of "tomorrow."  Whenever I say something is going to happen tomorrow, she asks, "After nap?"  She was watching Bryan haul square bales into the barn tonight.  He was stacking them two one direction, then two another direction.  She was directing him.  "Two hays, Daddy.  Two hays that way, Daddy!"  Yesterday morning, she was looking out the window.  It had rained a little in the night.  She asked, "Rain go, Mommy?"  I told her it went bye-bye; it was all gone.  She looked again at the wet cement.  "No.  Rain almost all gone, Mommy.  Still a little bit!"  She gets to go to her first rodeo tomorrow night.  I'm excited to see what she thinks of that. 

Here's a sweet picture of her telling Kamryn night-night and giving her a kiss before bed.  She does this nearly every night.  I just love them both to pieces.


Gremlin is asleep.  I hope.

Sorry for the randomness.  It's late.  I'm tired.  I want to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heather Bork is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com