Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Potty-Training and Birthday Cake

I have no idea what made me decide to start hard-core potty training yesterday.  I think it may have had something to do with the fact that I was up a while in the night and was really tired.  Somehow this turned into "My day is shot anyway; I may as well have pee all over the floor, too."

It was literally a decision I made in about 3 seconds.  As I was changing Kamryn after she woke up, I decided I was not going to put a diaper on her.


So we started the day with a good couple hours on the potty chair.  This is how it began:


It took a reeeaaalllly long time the first time, but she eventually did go, out of pure necessity.  (Enough milk and water will do that.)  She played on the Kindle for quite a while.  We sat in the bathroom and read books together.  Kyla and I did a couple reading lessons in there.  We did our best to keep Kiahna out of there.


Before the day was over, we had four potties on the potty chair and three accidents.  I'd call that a pretty good run for Day 1.  And I'm happy to report that I never even got frustrated with cleaning up pee (which is SO not my thing - #1 reason for Not Becoming A  Nurse).

It was also Kyla's birthday.  She got a "5" pancake for breakfast.


And her choice of food for lunch - macaroni and cheese.


And cake (that she decorated with Nerds!) for dessert after supper.


She got three phone calls on her birthday and one the day before.  (Thanks, family!)  It was pretty much a great day for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heather Bork is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com